To commemorate Sri Aurobindo’s 125th birth anniversary in 1997, the Sri Aurobindo Ashram is bringing out The Complete Works of Sri Aurobindo in a uniform library edition of 37 volumes. The set will contain all works published thus far as well as some still unpublished writings. It will include around 3000 pages of texts which did not form part of the earlier 30-volume Sri Aurobindo Birth Centenary Library.
The Complete Works will include the following new material:
– a volume of Vedic and linguistic writings, Vedic Studies with Writings on Philology.
– commentaries on the major Upanishads, especially the Isha. This material is placed in two volumes, Isha Upanishad and Kena and Other Upanishads.
– two volumes of Sri Aurobindo’s spiritual journal, Record of Yoga, the diary of his sadhana between 1909 and 1927; with a glossary.
– about 300 pages of writings on philosophy and yoga, not published during Sri Aurobindo’s lifetime. This material appears in Essays Divine and Human.
– new letters on yoga
– new autobiographical writings
The texts of The Complete Works are being checked against all available manuscripts and earlier editions to ensure their accuracy. As of today, 34 volumes have been printed. Newly printed volumes will be posted in instalments. It will still take a few years for the entire set to be printed. For further details please write to us.
1. Early Cultural Writings (formerly Harmony of Virtue)
2. Collected Poems
3. Collected Plays and Short Stories I
4. Collected Plays and Short Stories II
6. Bande Mataram I (Political Writings and Speeches 1890-1908)
7. Bande Mataram II
8. Karmayogin (Political Writings and Speeches 1909-1910)
9. Writings in Bengali and Sanskrit
10. Record of Yoga I
11. Record of Yoga II
12. Essays Divine and Human (formerly The Hour of God and Other Writings)
13. Essays in Philosophy and Yoga (formerly The Supramental Manifestation and Other Writings)
14. Vedic Studies with Writings on Philology
15. The Secret of the Veda
16. Hymns to the Mystic Fire
17. The Isha Upanishad
18. The Kena Upanishad and Other Upanishads
19. Essays on the Gita
20. The Renaissance in India (formerly The Foundations of Indian Culture)
21. The Life Divine I
22. The Life Divine II
23. The Synthesis of Yoga I
24. The Synthesis of Yoga II
25. Human Cycle, Ideal of Human Unity, War and Self-Determination
26. The Future Poetry
27. Letters on Poetry and Art
28. Letters on Yoga I
29. Letters on Yoga II
30. Letters on Yoga III
31. Letters on Yoga IV
32. The Mother with Letters on the Mother
33. Savitri I
34. Savitri II
35. Letters on Himself and the Ashram
36. Autobiographical Notes and Other Writings of Historical Interest
37. Reference Volume
– ISBN – 978-81-7058-496-4
– PAGES – 500 pages per volume on the average
– SIZE – 9.5″ x 6.5″ (24 x 16 cm)
– PRINT – 11 point, Sabon
– PAPER – Special acid-free paper for longevity
– BINDING – Stitched forms, hardbound in cloth, wrapped in a transparent plastic protective cover
*Please call for special order instructions as this set will be shipped directly from India. 1-800-735-4691, ext 4.